Monday, July 05, 2010

Springfield Celtic Festival 2010

In case you missed it, on Sat. June 26 I attended the 5th Annual Springfield Celtic Festival near Fife Lake, Michigan. It's a small lil' shindig, but quite entertaining if you dig kilts and bagpipes (which I do!). Here's what I saw:


Laura Hassold and Rachel Courville dancing the Highland Fling...


Scottish Heavy Athletic Games - Steve Bliven with the weight toss for height (that's a 20 lb. weight)...


The Society for Creative Anachronism with a display of hand-to-hand combat...

Blacksmith Richard Thibeau, hard at work in blazing heat and ridiculous humidity...


More of the Heavy Athletics (all competitors MUST wear kilts). Jason Cherry with the weight toss for distance (that's a 56 lb. weight)...

And I don't know if this loaded properly, but here's a brief clip of the Grand Traverse Pipes and Drums (I hope)...

No comments: