Saturday, July 10, 2010

The No-Bakes - My Substitutions

No-Bake cookies are just about my favorite cookies ever. Fortunately Shaina is also a fan, so I made some for her birthday this week. Though I used a standard recipe, I made a lot of substitutions. Everyone LOVED them, so I thought I share my secret for gooey, dark no-bakes.

Combine in a sauce pan:
1/2 c. coconut oil
2 c. sucanat
1/2 c. milk
Heat over medium-high heat until it starts a consistent rolling boil. When it's boiling consistently do NOT stir for ONE MINUTE.
Remove from heat. Stir in:
3 c. old fashioned oats
Peanut Butter (I never measure - at least 1/2 c., maybe more)
1/2 c. Dutch processed dark cocoa powder
1 T. vanilla extract
After you mix it together, drop by spoonfuls onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. CHILL!

The coconut oil will solidify at temps below 74 degrees, so during the summer these cookies will need to be chilled to help them set. I'm not sure how they'll turn out in the winter!

So there it is folks - enjoy!!

No comments: