Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Captain Computer saves the day!

I'm taking a minute to give props to my man Captain Computer. I have been without my desktop 'puter for a while now...almost six weeks. I DO have my laptop, but it find it VERY difficult (and distracting) to write with it. I don't know why, but that's just the way it is. I like my computer at my desk with my ergonomic keyboard. The laptop just isn't cutting it.

Another mild inconvenience is timing. I usually feel the most motivated right around 6pm...when Matt is coming home and wants to cruise the internet for a while. Okay, perhaps I need to suck it up, but sometimes you really just do get the inspiration and ... your husband is looking up Mother Earth News on eBay.

Well, Captain Computer nad I have been trying to coordinate a meeting for 2-3 weeks now. I get up at 5:30 am and try to be in bed by 9pm. I hang around in my house all winter to avoid exposure. I like weekends at home, when I can clean, study, worship or work in my jammies. C.C. goes to bed around 2-4 am, and I have no idea how late he sleeps. He walks around in 15 degree weather in a t-shirt and vest...no coat. He spends his weekends driving around the frozen wasteland of Northern Michigan in search of snowmobile and ski adventures. As you might have noticed, our schedules do NOT match. But...

We did it! Yesterday we managed to find four hours of free time when he came over and I was here and now my computer works!!

Thank you Captain Computer! You're my hero!!!

No comments: