Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Okay, okay...I know I'm a day late, but when you hear what I have to say, you'll see the appropriateness of it.

I like the idea behind Valentine's Day - showing love - but I don't like the hype and importance of it. I mean, just because I don't get a candy rose from a kid in school doesn't mean no one loves me...its just means my friends are broke ;)

For a few years now my family has participated in a WONDERFUL, cost-saving expression of love: 50% off Valentine candy on Feb. 15th. That's right folks: tonight my honey and I are hittin' the supermarket ... I can show him TWICE the love for the same amount of money. Doesn't that make more sense?? Is it really love to squander your savings on a temporary chocolate induced coma that will haunt your waistband for days? Far better, I say, to get dinner AND candy on the day after (your waistband is never happy...why try to appease it now??).

So I'm letting you know that I love you...and if I lived closer I would spoil YOU with cheap candy too!! :)

No comments: