Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cinnamon Popcorn

It looks funny, and it doesn't sound like a good combination, but Cinnamon Popcorn is AWESOME! It's so addicting (even if you're not a big fan of cinnamon, it really is good).

The hubs got a little too excited after Valentine's Day this year and bought out the clearance supply of Red Hots from a local store. I have 3-4 bags of these things. I couldn't think of a way to use them (other than baked apples), so I googled. I found this recipe (which I tweaked) and I LOVE it!

Try it for yourself - I took it to a home party tonight and the ladies just about licked the bowl clean, it's that good:

This isn't the exact recipe, but it's how I made it...

1 cup popcorn kernels (popped in hot air popper) - put popped corn in a large roasting pan

Melt in a sauce pan over medium heat (5-10 minutes):
1 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup (I actually used maple syrup)
1 cup Red Hots (Cinnamon Imperials...whatever you call them)

Pour melted mixture over popcorn and coat well (pour quickly - the mixture will start to harden again).

Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

And that's all there is to it - have fun!!

No comments: