Friday, May 21, 2010

The Good Life


Midgie knows how to enjoy the day.
Because of my early mornings this week (I woke up with Matt @ 4 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep), for the last two afternoons I've hit the proverbial wall. I tried to move past it, but when the world starts spinning, it's time to surrender.
Since Midgie is an expert in the area of afternoon naps, I turned to her for guidance. With the warm, sunny weather gracing northern Michigan, I climbed onto the bed and invaded the largest sunny spot. At first she and Bucket were a little annoyed with me, but it didn't take long before the curled up next to me and drifted off.
I used to pick on Midgie because she wanders around the house, moving from one sunbeam to the next, but not anymore. She's got it made. I now understand the draw of the sunbeam, and I hope to take advantage of it again soon.

No comments: