Monday, March 29, 2010

I caved...I'm on (shiver) Twitter

I'm not sure I can adequately explain WHY I've fought this for so long, but I have. Maybe it's the limited number of characters (that promotes bad spelling and grammar). Maybe it's the fact that I know very few people that I care enough about to want to know when they're picking their belly buttons. Maybe it's just another way for me to waste time when I should be writing.

Whatever the reason(s), they didn't win today. I joined the site of shameless self-promotion, the place where self-centered individuals can bask in their own greatness while their followers hang on every mutilated sentence. Ugh.

But it's also the place where every major publisher and agent says a writer should have a presence, so I did it.

Please don't expect much from me right away. It'll take me a while to learn the ropes. In the meantime, I'll check in once a day. Feel free to follow me. I'm really hard to find - search for "karin" and "beery"...if I'm not there, let me know.

No comments: