Thursday, November 16, 2006

He didn't forget me!!!

Okay, so Matt and I are in Toronto. He's been healed of cancer, we're soaking in the glory, life is good. I feel the urge to look at my engagement ring. Though I haven't cleaned it, it is sparkling. We sit in the same spot each day. Every time I look at my ring, it looks different. First it had a pink hue, then yellow. Then John Arnott explains that, just as some people get gold fillings while at TACF, some women have their costume jewelry become real gems.

Hmmmm...

So, I didn't really go public with this, but Matt didn't buy me a diamond. He bought me Moissanite (which I HIGHLY recommend...it is beautiful!!!). It is EXACTLY the ring I've always wanted and we could afford it. Well, we decided to go to a jeweler just to see if the ring is STILL Moissanite. The only way to tell is a light refraction test, which is done with a digital do-hicky. There is no real room for human error here.

Well, I happened to be in the mall today and decided to have it checked out. Now please read carefully: Matt bought a .86 karat Moissanite ring. The ladies at the store told me that, not only is my ring a DIAMOND...they believe it's a FULL KARAT!!! Oh my, oh my, oh my!!!

This is just about the most wonderful thing. It wasn't anything I asked for, expected or even ever considered, but God never forgot about me. With everything that we went through with Matt, God remembered me :) I can't wait to show y'all my new ring!!! (Honey, I love you!!!)

No comments: