Friday, April 05, 2013

Pizza Pull Apart Bread ... Modified (of course)

I found this fun look recipe on Facebook for Pizza Pull Apart Bread. As is my custom, I followed the directions the first time. As is usually the case for FB recipes, I found it incomplete and not quite right, so I've modified it for better results in the future.

Here's what you need:
2 cans of pizza dough (or enough homemade dough for two pizzas)
6 oz. of pepperoni
1/3 cup olive oil
Spices
8 oz. shredded cheese

Here's what you do:

Roll out and cut up your pizza dough.


Roll you dough pieces into bite-sized dough balls.


Toss dough balls with olive oil seasoned with spices (I used an Italian blend, but forgot to take a picture).


Layer ingredients in bundt pan or fluted angel food cake pan: dough, pepperoni, cheese. End with dough (I used some biscuits that I had on hand, thus the weird looking top). Bake at 375 degrees (the recipe didn't include a time - I went for 20 minutes because I had no idea).


Dump bread onto plate.


Pull apart (my pepperoni is locally made without all of the artificial colors, thus the brownish tone).


Serve with marinara (and I added ranch!)

The recipe was okay, but incomplete. Here's what you should do:
2 cans of pizza dough (or enough homemade dough for two pizzas)
6 oz. of pepperoni, diced
Assorted favorite pizza toppings, diced
1/3 cup olive oil
Spices
8 oz. shredded cheese
Marinara
Ranch Dressing
Bundt pan or angel food cake pan

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut pizza dough into bite size pieces and roll into balls; coat with seasoned olive oil
3. Layer ingredients in pan: dough, toppings, cheese. Make sure your last layer is dough. (NOTE: If using an angel food cake pan you will only have four layers - dough, toppings, cheese, dough. A bundt pan creates more layers)
4. Bake for 30 minutes; check for done-ness. Bake until golden and crusty.
5. Cover pan with plate; flip over to remove bread.
6. Serve with your favorite dips!

No comments: