Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Remember when...

Remember when I used to have time to write here? I'd post witty, wonderful essays about my life, your lives, and the occasional Delta Airlines employee. I didn't outline anything. I rarely thought much about what I'd say until the words rolled of my ... fingertips. But now? There's just too much pressure to be funny.

When you only have time to post every six weeks, every word needs to count. You can't be boring when people only visit you nine times a year. One dull post and BAM! They abandon you for your sister's blog. The pressure is intense, but that's because the competition is astronomical.

Who would want to read my infrequent musings when you can find out about Stuff Christians Like. And let's be honest - I've discovered a couple of fun recipes, but my sister posts her culinary delights almost daily (not to mention encouraging words and craft ideas).

What do I have to offer? No, seriously - I'm asking. What makes this blog worth visiting?

Way back when I created this sarcastic dumping ground, blogs weren't a big deal. I mostly posted for my family, who lives on the other side of the country. I didn't want to deprive them of a single smart-ass moment of my life, so I started putting my thoughts out there for everyone to enjoy.

But now what? I'm one, insignificant voice in a sea of louder, more obnoxious whiners.

That's pretty much it. There's no real point to this post. I considered ending it with a carefully worded, well-thought out conclusion, but why? If rambling, pointless articles are good enough for Yahoo! Contributors, they're good enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That phrase always reminds me of a song...