Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good-bye Winter Blues

Finally, finally it's summer!

The thermometer has pushed past 70 degrees. The sun shines. The breeze keeps perspiration at bay. And I can finally pack up my hats and boots.

This past summer nearly killed me. Not physically, but emotionally and mentally. I don't think it's typical for husbands to hug their wives and TELL THEM to leave the state. I was so miserable that I could stop crying, which made me angry, which made me yell, which led to more crying...I was a wreck.

Thank God for sisters with frequent flyer miles.

But now, finally I'm comfortable in flip-flops! I'm wearing a sundress! I can leave the house with less than four layers of clothing and not worry about my hands freezing to the steering wheel - woo hoo!!

I've waited five longs months for this day.

And now that it's here, I'm stuck at my computer?? I don't think so! I have a few more things to type up, but then I'm outta here!! I've got a back full of books and a bottle of water...there's a beach with my name on it folks!

Happy, happy summer!!!!

No comments: