Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Too Many Stupid People

I've been reading about illegal guns to/from Mexico. Miss California/Perez Hilton. American Idol. The housing market.

In the past few months I've been making a lot of comments about the things going on in our country, but I've decided to stop. Why?

Because there are too many stupid people getting too much attention.

I'd have to devote my LIFE to sitting here responding to them all. I can't keep up. And if I can't comment on everything I don't want to just comment on a few things. The fact of the matter is that I care about EVERYTHING that happens in my country, but trying to be a voice of reason amongst the hip/cool/stupid is too time consuming. I'd rather enjoy my life then spend it hating and slandering others.

Besides, there's only so much I can do. Being frustrated with that won't help. Doing what I can and then moving on...that's the best I can do.

The days are coming when it will get worse. I'm not being a gloom/doom gal, just pointing out what most Christians should have a suspicion of. Don't get me wrong - I am NOT trying to prophesy or anticipate any coming day or event. I'm just stating a fact - things will get worse until they get horrid. And then...it'll be heaven :)

In the meantime I'll briefly step into the choleric shoes that I infrequently wear and get it all off my chest:

DO YOU REALLY THINK I'M THAT STUPID? I KNOW THAT -4+-4 DOES NOT EQUAL 8, SO DON'T TRY TO TELL ME DEBIT WILL MAKE ME RICH!

DISAGREEING WITH YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MEAN I AM SCARED OR HATE WHAT YOU LIKE - IT JUST MEANS I DISAGREE WITH YOU!

GO AHEAD AND SWEAR - PEOPLE USE SWEAR WORDS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO STUPID TO USE A DICTIONARY AND FIND A REAL WORD.

I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE IN A MOVIE! THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANY SMARTER THAN LASSIE!

JUST BECAUSE MY OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAT YOURS DOESN'T MAKE ME AN EXTREMIST! ACTUALLY, THE FACT THAT YOU'D CALL ME AN EXTREMIST JUST BECAUSE WE DISAGREE MAKES YOU THE EXTREMIST...NOT ME!


Is there anything else? Any other recent hot topic that I didn't mention? Oh, yeah...

CFL'S SUCK! WHY ARE WE IN SUCH A HURRY TO PUT TOXIC SUBSTANCES IN ALL OF OUR HOMES?? I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY CONGRESSMEN OWN STOCK IN PHARMACEUTICALS...THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN IT.

Okay, I'm done now. No more political comments. They tire me.

I need donuts...

No comments: