Friday, March 27, 2009

March 27th, 2009

I don't really have a topic today. In fact, there's no reason at all for me to write. I just feel like it. It's been a few days since I've posted, so why not.

Spring Break started today. I know that I don't teach full-time, but I'm really looking forward to this week off. I just want to write and work on selling some more articles. I'm determined to make more money as a writer. I just need to get myself going. You know how it is, when there's SO MUCH to do that you just don't know where to start? That's how freelancing has been for me. I've been content with my two little by-lines, but they don't pay the bills...they barely pay for the postage. I need to put some time into it.

I don't have the entire break to myself, though. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving town WAY too early on a Saturday to go to Warsaw, IN for a worship concert. I'm staying the night, going to church Sunday morning, then hiking back up to Michigan.

Monday will be a fun day :) A friend of mine is starting a job as a make-up artist at a local salon. She has to go through some training and needs to bring a model. Ta-da! Karin on Spring Break = available face for make-up training. I can handle sitting around and being made pretty for an afternoon. Just hoping it include a little brow tweezing ;) hee, hee

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that I HAVE to do for the week. That works for me. I'm at the library right now and realizing how much I miss it. I really do accomplish a lot when I'm at the library. Maybe it's the no-food policy, or the shushing librarians. Whatever it is, there aren't a lot of distractions and I usually do well here.

That's pretty much it. Did I forget anything? I don't think so. Oh! Props to the older sis and b-i-l and their new pad. I'm jealous. They spent two days looking, offered, and are now closing on a condo. Matt and I started looking last spring. Oy. We don't agree on much. But that's a long story best saved for another three posts.

Okay folks - enjoy the weekend! (Gotta go pee)

1 comment:

Camille said...

Given the fact that we spent at least 8 HOURS registering for our wedding (disagreeing on everything), I am shocked that we both agreed on our condo! I was prepared for the worst.

Of course, we went to Home Depot last night and he wants to replace everything (mind you, the condo and everything in it is not even 3 years old).... yes, stainless steel appliances would be nice, but not really necessary right now...