Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Creative Cooking

As you may know, Matt and I are really getting into cooking these days. We've even made some casseroles together (and they were yummy). Last week we made up some of our own recipes. They're a bit off kilter, but we like 'em!

While suffering uncontrollable cravings (cyclical in nature, not prenatal) I NEEDED something salty...and sweet...and chewy...and hot. I created:

WURSTLOAF (or Bratloaf)
1 lb. brats, remove casings
Oatmeal (I just dumped it in - 1/3-1/2 c. I guess)
1 egg
Brown Sugar (again, I dumped - 1/4 c?)

Mix all ingredients together. Put in a small, greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. HEAVEN!!

Later in the week we wanted popcorn. We LOVE popcorn (the real stuff, not microwave). Matt is very creative with his spices, using anything from the cabinet that suits his fancy. Last week it was taco seasoning. We had emptied a spice jar, so he cleaned it out and dumped in a few packages of taco mix. We sprinkled it on our popcorn and, VIOLA! Yumminess.

I'll let you know if any other fabulous creations leave our kitchen, but I don't guarantee they'll be "normal" :)

No comments: