Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Save a Penny...and a Shoe

I rarely wear out my sneakers. I buy a pair, wear them, but then, after a few months, my feet start to hurt, and my legs start to hurt. I realize the shoes don't fit as comfortably as they once did, but they still LOOK fine. I usually end up wearing the shoes a few months longer then I should...and suffering the aching feet.

The big problem here is that I'm just CHEAP. I'm a good sale shopper, but sometimes it's hard to find a good pair of shoes, the kind that fit just right, that fit into my budget. Now my budget is pretty low. I don't hesitate to buy shoes $30 or less...$40 and I double check with my husband...$50 or more and I just haven't been able to do it. The problem I've run into recently is that everything within my budget looks great, they just feel awful. And the good fitting ones? Of course, they cost too much. What's a girl to do??

Change it up.

That's right...I changed the insoles. For just over $20 I bought two pairs of shoe insoles (one athletic, one regular) for my jogging and walking shoes. I ripped out the old insoles (which were about 1/8" thick) and slid in my new, foamy, gel-ly, squishy insoles. The results?

Oh My Gosh!! It's like having two new pair of shoes!! My feet don't hurt. My legs don't ache. My back feels SOOO much better! This is just amazing!

So go ahead and save yourself a few bucks and KEEP your favorite walking shoes for a few more months. Just get yourself an insole...and spend your savings on a cute pair of sandals :)

No comments: