Monday, November 26, 2007

Two Years

November 26, 2005 - 10:30 am

Karin Van Buren weds Matt Beery

Wow. Two years. That's it?? I'm trying to remember what I did for the first 27 years of my life. It feels like Matt has always been there. Weird. And cool :)

What a crazy two years...and what a potentially bizarre third year we might experience. Let's look at the timeline of the life of Matt & Karin Beery:

Nov. 05 - Married
Apr. 06 - Both start new jobs
June 06 - Move to Acme
Aug. 06 - K quits job
Aug. 23, 2006 - M diagnosed with cancer
Sept. 06 - M has surgery
Oct. 06 - M body returns to normal
Feb. 07 - M AFP counts go up
Jun. 07 - AFP counts still climbing; consult with Dr. @ IU
Jul. 07 - Schedule M surgery @ IU
Aug. 07 - Surgery cancelled; chemotherapy scheduled
Sept.-Nov. 07 - Chemo
Nov. 26, 2007 - 2nd Anniversary

Our lives have been CONSUMED by Matt's diagnosis. We met and wed in eight months; we spent nine months married before the cancer. We'd only even known each other for 17 months...and have spent the past 14 months dealing with this. So what will year #3 bring??

A life without cancer :)
BOTH of us working regularly, with no hospital bills, and a chance to catch up financially :)
Rest :)
I don't know...

For those of you who've known Matt longer than me, this will be the first time that I will actually live with THE Matt Beery. Not Matt Beery the newly wed, Matt Beery the new-man-to-the-workforce, or Matt Beery the cancer patient. I will get to live with and love the Matt Beery everyone has known for years. I'm looking forward to it all :)

No comments: