Monday, October 22, 2007

Yawn and Stretch

Wow...you'd think by my blog that its been a slow couple of months. Quite the opposite actually. With Matt not working I am now the sole provider for the household. Possibly not a bad gig if I worked full time, but trying to bring in a full-time paycheck on a part-time work schedule calls for some creative accounting.

I can't wait for Matt to be able to work again. He's not happy staying at home, and I'm not happy having to work so much. Part of the beauty of me subbing part-time is that I can then take a day off every week to grocery shop, do laundry, clean the bathroom...you know. Plus, since my work day is usually only 6-7 hours I have taken on the role of cook as well. Now I don't mind any of this at all. Its kind of the best of both worlds: being a wife but also a working woman. I like it.

However, with Matt out of commission I find myself working nearly every day (I took today off, but I was working on my book...different job, same problem). With that in mind, I now have to figure out when to grocery shop, do laundry, clean the bathroom...you know. It builds up pretty quickly. And, on top of that, I have Matt. All housework stops for Matt. If you don't like clutter, please don't visit me because I have sacrificed my house to make my husband comfortable. It's the least I can do, and I won't settle for less.

This being said, I'm doing as much as I can as fast as I can. AND...my book is almost done! Woo hoo! Bust out the sparkling cider! I'd give you an update, but you can read that at www.therehastobeabeginning.blogspot.com (I don't like to repeat myself. I don't like to repeat myself.)

In other area news, I found a decomposing mouse trapped in a vase under the sink today. Massive ick.

I think that's it for now. I'm really anxious to get back to my story. I'd like to finish it tomorrow! Yipee!!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Eeewwww on the mouse!!