Saturday, May 21, 2005

I'm sorry, what was I saying?

I'm in love. Sigh. I know...I try to keep up my facade, but its much easier to just admit that I am a girl, I have girlie tendencies and blush when I think of my love (we'll call him...Simba. :) No, his name is Matt). The whole "love thing" definately puts a new spin on life. I find myself arranging my life differently these days. I often catch myself daydreaming and frequently plan my trips to Traverse City around his days off. It's all very new and exciting, though I find that I am more relaxed and comfortable than I have ever been.

This, however, is not the case for Mr. Matt. For as I spend many hours a day with my head blissfully in the clouds, my love takes an occassional moment to descend from the heavens to plant his feet back on earth for a moment or two. In fact, I have been more than entertained in the past few weeks as he continues to demonstrate complete distraction from everyday life :)

In a spirit of love and humor (and with a promise of a great-big-hug to Matt) I share with you some of the ways in which I've been able to distract the man of my dreams:

- While returning from British Columbia we were talking on the phone. Matt was so happy to talk with me that he took the wrong exit...and didn't realize it until he was 20 minutes in the wrong direction.
- We met for dinner this week. He was so excited to see me that he jumped right from his car to mine and we were off to the restaurant...with his headlights still on (nothing some good jumper cables can't handle).
- While getting ready to run some work related errands Matt decided to focus on me getting ready, instead of himself. Reverting back 22 years in his life, he put he shoes on the wrong feet.

I'm sure there are more examples, and I promise to keep you updated :) Until then...Matt, I love you!

No comments: