Monday, August 01, 2011

Guess what I did today??

I managed to make it out to King Orchards before the sweet cherry season ends - woo hoo! Armed with two borrowed buckets, I hit the fields at 9:30 this morning and came home with roughly 22 pounds of cherries at $1.50/lb. (I added that note for my sister who pays up to $6/lb.)


That there's my stash. They aren't all for me, but I decided to make sure they all got washed. And it's a good thing I have an extra deep sink!


I separated the cherries, then pitted a little over half of mine (keeping the others whole for pit-spitting contests with Matt). The pitted fruit gets froze, the rest goes in my fridge, and it took me until 1 pm to get it all done. Not to shabby, but I do have a bit of a tummy ache (do you have any idea how many cherries you can absent-mindedly consume over the course of 3.5 hours?).

Now to decide how to use them :)

No comments: