Friday, October 06, 2006

To ramble or not to ramble, that is the question

I've recently began pondering the meaning of the life of my blog. Earlier posts give way to humor and sarcasm...an outlet to my boredom from years at the Acme Anvil Company (see previous post "Where to start?!" for history on that). I enjoy my jibberish and really don't care if anyone else does; this site helps me to feel as if my English BA, four years of my life and $80,000 weren't completely wasted. ["Why yes, my work has been published on-line..."]

However, recent events in my life have made me re-evaluate things. Am I making the best use of my time and talents? Is this the only way for me to make my voice heard, or do I have other options? One must wonder...

After much reflective time and consideration I have come to a definite conclusion: I will continue to ramble. HOWEVER - there will be a combination of ramblings. Some will be my usual serious-less information, but I am going to venture more frequently into the realm of the (dramatic pause) important stuff. Yes I know!!! Karin?? Important stuff?? It may be hard to believe, but I have realized just how much important stuff there is in the world and, after all, I do have opinions on EVERYTHING.

For now, I sign off with a large weight lifted from my chest. I know that I am doing the right thing. I believe that someday, maybe some glorious day, someone will stumble upon one of my ramblings and it will actually MEAN something to them! (sniff, sniff) Until then...

No comments: